Work With Us
Operations & Bookkeeping Manager
REPORTS TO: Development Director (primary) with some additional coordination with the Executive Director
LOCATION: Based in Washington, DC
COMPENSATION: $76,000 or higher, depending on years of relevant experience. USCPR staff have a transparent salary ladder based on years of relevant experience. For example, 7 years of experience for this position would be around $82,000; 10 years around $85,000.
The US Campaign for Palestinian Rights (USCPR) and its sister organization, USCPR Action, are part of a global movement in solidarity with the Palestinian people.
We are a national network of activists and organizations who are committed to freedom, justice, and equality for the Palestinian people and who work to end U.S. complicity in their oppression.
We work on seeding and supporting local organizing and advocacy campaigns with a cross-movement and abolitionist lens, connecting local campaigns to internationalist Palestinian demands and visions for freedom, while also engaging in policy change work at the federal level.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. Benefits include generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, a retirement plan with matching employer contributions, and more.
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining office operations and systems in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. You will report directly to the Development Director and will work closely with USCPR’s contracted accountant, charitable solicitation registration firm, USCPR Action’s fiscal sponsor, and other contractors.
You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and understand the importance of building strong infrastructure to advance mission and impact. You are an excellent communicator with partner/client/donor service experience. Additionally, you should bring experience with Quickbooks, CRM tools, employee benefits and insurance management, as well as vendor management.
- Answer, direct, and reply in timely fashion to incoming office calls, and emails sent to the general email account and our SMS inbox
- Retrieve, sort, and distribute mail from post office on a weekly basis
- Manage office subscriptions
- Manage online video call system and schedule and manage phone accounts and staff call tree
- Manage online store and office inventory (tshirts, books, etc), fill orders for purchased items and resource requests (eg postcards, fliers, banners)
Documents and files management
- Organize, maintain, and optimize the virtual and in-office filing system
- Ensure employee records are created and maintained
- Maintain office passwords
- Maintain online email suite for staff email accounts and document folders
Office management and other logistics
- Ensure the Washington DC office is a welcoming, clean, well-run space
- Handle logistics for board meetings; program events, meeting, and travel; and assist with other meetings
- Lead finance, operations, and registration tasks for USCPR’s National Conference (every other year)
- Procure, manage, and maintain office supplies and equipment
- Support development team with CRM data entry and maintenance and assist with mailed donation processing
- Manage USCPR’s staff calendar
Contracts and procurement
- Maintain lease with landlord
- Maintain operational contracts and file all related correspondences – ensure contracts are up-to-date and that we have W9s for all contractors
- Review accuracy of invoices and bills, request modifications and clarifications as required
- Coordinate organizational insurance procurement with direction from the ED
- Support ED in employee onboarding/offboarding
- Post all employment and internship opportunities to appropriate channels
- Manage employee files & timesheets (including reporting hours between USCPR & USCPR Action)
- Liaise with benefits providers and assist staff with benefits questions
- Ensure, along with ED, that the employee handbook is up-to-date and being followed
- Create and maintain a volunteer/contractor database
Bookkeeping and Finance (25%)
Day to Day Bookkeeping
- Ensure that regular AP, AR, and expense reimbursements done by accounting firm are accurate and correct
- Reconcile donation batches in the CRM and code revenue from CRM to share with accounting firm
- Make purchase requests and payments for USCPR Action with our fiscal sponsor
- Bank branch visits for in-person transactions and account upkeep as needed
- Maintain files of financial invoices, payments, and copies of checks deposited and share them with the accounting firm for their reconciliation of accounts.
- Create monthly income/expense reports with coding for all income and expenses on all bank statements and disbursements
- Implement monthly payroll at the authorization of the ED
- Ensure proper state and local registration for all employees
Compliance and financial reporting support
- Coordinate with the ED and appropriate contractors to ensure timely filing of documents for compliance and reporting, such as:
- Registration for state charitable laws through URS
- Tax filings and annual 990s
- Financial audits
- 1099’s for contractors
- Lead reporting and compliance issues for USCPR Action in consultation with fiscal sponsor
- Help prepare materials with accounting firm for regular financial reports with direction from the Executive Director and Development Director
- Manage and implement USCPR’s document retention policy
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Development Director and Executive Director
- Proactive: You are engaged, hands-on, self-motivated, and energetic.
- Detail-oriented: You pride yourself on the accuracy and consistency of your work.
- Team player: You love making the team around you stronger and enjoy pitching in to help.
- Efficient: You will evolve your role with efficiency in mind, making administration and bookkeeping as effective as possible for the organization.
- Organized: You know how to create clarity, structure, and transparency to offline and online administrative systems within the organization.
- Collaborative: You can work and communicate across multiple teams and geographies, and hold a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the position, please submit via email to [email protected] the following materials, with the subject line “Operations & Bookkeeping Manager – [Your Name].” Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application deadline is rolling and open until filled.
- Cover letter
- Three references
USCPR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diversified workplace. People of color, women, gender non-conforming people, LGBTQIA folks, and people of diverse religious and class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.