In 2005, 170 Palestinian civil society organizations issued a historic, rights-based call to the international community for boycotts, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) targeting Israel and institutions complicit in its oppressive policies towards Palestinians until it complies with international law and ensures freedom, justice, and equality.
USCPR endorsed the Palestinian call for BDS shortly after it was issued in July 2005. Academic and cultural boycott were endorsed in 2009. Active campaigns in the US include those targeting Ahava, Airbnb, Ben & Jerry’s, G4S, HP, Jewish National Fund, Re/Max, Sabra Hummus, and SodaStream. Divestment campaigns are happening in churches, campuses, local city councils, and beyond, and have already won more than 250 victories in the United States alone. Don’t miss this inspiring list of victories!
Tools and Resources
To learn how to get involved, check out our BDS toolkit and short video series on how to organize an effective BDS campaign in your community.
Here are more useful resources from USCPR and our partners:
- Find out more about the global BDS campaign from the BDS National Committee.
- Know your rights! Browse legal advice and information related to Palestine advocacy from Palestine Legal.
- Download our handy flier on BDS campaigns.
- FAQs about BDS from the Quaker Palestine Israel Network.
- Investigate: Find out what you are invested in with this tool from the American Friends Service Committee.