USCPR Steering Committee Responsibilities
Duties of a Steering Committee Member
- Participate in monthly conference calls that may last one to one-and-a-half hours.
- Attend the twice yearly face-to-face meetings that last a full weekend. Travel and lodging costs are at the expense of the steering committee member with financial support available by request.
Provision will be made to allow those who cannot travel to video conference into the meeting. Staff will work to ensure that this can be done reliably. Date of meetings will be set well in advance so people can schedule them.
- Participate on at least one sub-committee (work area). These sub-committees may include additional conference calls and various tasks related to the work of the subcommittee.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Have an individual fundraising plan–with specific goals–that is coordinated with organizational fundraising priorities and plans.
- Join the Olive Branch Club by making a regular monthly contribution to USCPR.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of campaign priorities, policies, and fiduciary oversight.
- Elect officers of the Steering Committee.
Note: Staff members are considered ex-officio members of the Steering Committee (voice, but no vote).