Strategic Planning Facilitator
POSITION: Facilitator for Strategic Planning Process
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time Contractor
TIMELINE: February – September 2021
COMPENSATION: Negotiable Based on Years of Relevant Experience
The US Campaign for Palestinian Rights (USCPR) is hiring a facilitator for our strategic planning process. We are looking for someone to help lead this process along with our close-knit team of passionate individuals dedicated to advancing Palestinian rights at the intersection of grassroots organizing, policy change, and popular education. We want a holistic process that builds internal consensus within our organization and a shared understanding with our movement partners on our organizational work and priorities through 2024.
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience leading a team. You are creative, well-organized, detail-oriented, passionate about justice, well-informed about the Palestinian struggle for freedom (and ideally its connections with other justice movements), and self-starting.
This is a short-term, part-time, contract position lasting from February-September of 2021.
- Designing an inclusive process for staff and our board to identify and refine key programmatic and organizational priorities
- Leading the process from beginning to end, including:
- Facilitating a series of meetings of the strategic planning committee
- Developing, implementing and analyzing surveys of our board, staff, and movement partners, including phone interviews.
- Working with committee to submit strategic plan to board by September 2021
- Experience leading strategic planning processes
- Experience with leadership development
- Experience addressing structural oppression and inclusivity within social justice movements
- Strategic planning experience with organizations in this political space
- Knowledge of organizing within the Palestine liberation or solidarity movements in the U.S., and ideally with parallel justice movements
- Demonstrated practice of self-awareness, humility, and empathy
- Shared commitment to living our values in work around the intersections of gender justice, racial justice, disability justice, economic justice, and labor justice
- Shared understanding of solidarity and liberation frameworks
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the position, please submit the following materials via email to email@example.com, with the subject line “Strategic Planning Facilitator – Your Name.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application deadline is January 11th, 2021.
- One-page sample facilitation proposal for our strategic planning process + quote for services
- Three references
USCPR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diversified workplace. People of color, women, gender non-conforming people, LGBTQIA folks, and people of diverse religious and class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.