Reports to: Communications Director
Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Rolling
The US Campaign for Palestinian Rights (USCPR) is hiring a full-time Communications Associate to join its team. The Communications Associate would work directly with the Communications Director (CD) to implement the organization’s communications strategy including supporting campaigns, managing social media channels, and monitoring and evaluation.
USCPR is a national coalition of hundreds of groups working to advocate for Palestinian rights and a shift in US policy. Founded in 2001 as the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, USCPR has been a leading player in the movement for Palestinian rights in the United States. The coalition is bound by commonly shared principles on Palestine solidarity as well as our anti-racism principles. As part of a global movement in solidarity with the Palestinian people, we work to stop US support for Israel until it ends its denial of Palestinian rights. Our vision is for freedom, justice, and equality for the Palestinian people in a world without racism and oppression.
- Support CD in implementing the communications strategy
- Manage social media and create content, including monitoring and evaluation
- Develop graphics, videos, and other digital and social media content
- Support CD in developing and implementing communications and other programmatic campaigns
- Create first drafts of press materials ranging from press releases and statements to outlines/first drafts of op-eds
- Write and edit other materials as needed
- Formatting toolkits, reports, development materials, resources, etc in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Daily news monitoring and media coverage research
- Researching and maintaining media lists
- Maintaining relevant supporter email lists in Salsa
- Overall maintenance of the website, especially updates to relevant portions of the organization’s website on a WordPress platform
- Monitoring and evaluation of communications activities, reporting against metrics laid out in the communications strategy
- Work with the CD to implement internal communications strategies and procedures through the creations of templates, style guides, etc.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrably excellent written, verbal, and electronic communications skills
- Strong graphic design/video editing experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experiencing managing organizational social media channels
- A strong understanding of the Israeli/Palestinian issue and a demonstrated commitment to the principles and mission of USCPR
- Able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Able to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, nuance, and accuracy
- Be willing to occasionally work in the evening, on weekends, and travel domestically
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Hebrew
- Familiarity with Salsa Labs CRM
- Experience with WordPress
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
Excellent job benefits include a salary commensurate with experience, fully paid health care, paid vacation, family and sick leave, holiday time, and matching retirement payments.
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample (2-3 pages max), samples of graphic design/digital media work, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be considered unless they are complete. Please do not call to inquire about this position.
This position is open immediately until filled.
USCPR is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people of diverse religious backgrounds, and LGBTQIA folks are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.