Start Date: Immediately
Location: Washington DC Metro Area preferred, telework from outside of DC area may be considered
Position type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Level: Two years of development experience strongly preferred
The US Campaign is seeking a qualified individual to lead the development portfolio at the US Campaign for Palestinian Rights. The Director of Development will work with a dynamic staff and steering committee to retain, cultivate, and expand a growing base of donors. The person in this role will be familiar with raising funds at all giving levels and understand the importance of building lasting relationships with the people who fund the organization’s work.
The Director of Development will also be responsible for compiling data on giving trends and using metrics to improve fundraising operations.
The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director and have one direct report, the Development Associate.
In coordination with the Fundraising Committee and Executive Director, draft and present a one year fundraising plan, including a fundraising calendar.
Respond to requests from institutional donors or foundations, and coordinate follow up with Executive Director, Steering Committee, and relevant staff members.
Track major gifts and grants and ensure timely follow up is completed.
- Draft grant proposals and work with Executive Director to secure institutional funding
Manage the implementation of customer relationship management system and oversee data entry, gift processing, and donor follow up.
Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, and help manage stakeholder engagement with donors at a range of giving levels.
Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of recurring monthly/quarterly/annual donors
Oversee organization of special events, including donor briefings, fundraising events, and meetings between Staff/Steering Committee/Advisory Board and donors.
Coordinate outreach for planned giving program.
Help develop and coordinate US Campaign donor prospecting and outreach activities , including list building and direct mailing.
Help maintain and update the US Campaign’s online fundraising presence, including in email pitches, donation pages, and on website.
Work with vendors, partners, and guest authors to craft online and direct mail development content.
Serve as the point of contact between the board’s Fundraising Committee and staff.
A minimum of two years of development experience at a non-profit organization.
Ability to work with a team to create compelling development materials.
Demonstrated ability to oversee multichannel fundraising operation.
Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
Understanding of how to prioritize in a fast-paced role
Demonstrated excellence in managerial, organizational, and communication skills.
The US Campaign for Palestinian Rights is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender or gender non-conforming applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full time and exempt position. Competitive salary with a generous benefits package.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com
The US Campaign for Palestinian Rights does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.
Manager of Finance and Operations (Part-Time)
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Position type: Part-Time (20 hours a week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Level: Some bookkeeping/ office management experience preferred
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining office operations and systems to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. They will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, carrying out all organizational bookkeeping responsibilities, ensuring proper procedures are followed, and providing documentation necessary to pass annual audit. The Office Manager reports directly to the Executive Director of the US Campaign.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Office management and vendor relationships
- Ensure smooth functioning of the USC office
- Answer and screen phone calls
- Organize and maintain filing system
- Retrieve, sort and distribute mail; procure office supplies and equipment
- Arrange for maintenance and repairs of equipment as necessary
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Ensure accuracy of all organizational invoices and bills, request modifications and clarifications as required
- Manage operational contracts and file all related correspondences
- Assist Executive Director in managing staff benefit plans, including health, 401K, and disability.
- Provide support to staff when utilizing office equipment and digital infrastructure
Bookkeeping and database maintenance
- Review and pay invoices as needed for review and signature by Executive Director
- Process reimbursement requests
- File financial invoices, payments, copies of checks deposited
- Enter financial transitions into QuickBooks
- Manage deposits and transfers between accounts
- Send receipts of appreciation to donors and member groups
- Order inventories and merchandise for sale and maintain on-line store
- Assist Executive Director and Accountant with annual tax filings
- File necessary paperwork related to tax and licensure compliance
Additional duties as assigned.
- Strong bookkeeping, office management, and benefit plan administration skills
- Strong Quickbooks experience, including familiarity with accrual based accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with database management, including use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Support for the US Campaign’s organizational mission
- Familiarity with WordPress desired
The US Campaign for Palestinian Rights is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages persons of all backgrounds to apply.
Please email a cover letter, resume and any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager Position – Your Name” in the subject line.